A few years ago, I only went to fundraisers if a cute guy was going to be there. The acceptable ticket price was directly related to the cute factor. Over the past few years, my life has changed dramatically and now I’M the one hosting three fundraisers in three weeks in three cities throughout the U.S. This blog will appeal to the Erin of five years past.
Last week, the Ritz Carlton in L.A. generously donated space so we could talk about social change with views of the Hollywood Hills. Tomorrow night, at the Translations Gallery in downtown Denver, we will enjoy art, a short film about our work in Nepal, and a testimonial from a volunteer who spent 6 weeks in Nepal. Finally, next week on April 14th, we’ll close out the tour with Nepali dancing and festivities in Wilmington, DE at Kooma on the Waterfront.
There are a million fantastic causes to support these days so I’d like to give you five reasons why you should pay $25 at the door for an Edge of Seven event.
- Your entrance fee buys you a drink and some snacks. A tax deductible cocktail?!? That’s my kind of party.
- 100% of donations go directly to support projects in rural Nepal. Your donation isn’t paying my salary. It’s building a dorm so that 40 girls have opportunity to sit in an 11th grade classroom.
- There will be cute boys. And, cute girls. Some may even be single. Watch out Match.com. We’re throwing our hat in the ring.
- Adventure travel, and more specifically service travel, is on the rise. I’ve been fortunate enough to travel the world and there is no more rewarding experience than working side-by-side a community and living like a local to work towards a common goal that will bring REAL change to a village. It doesn’t hurt that the Himalayas are the backdrop.
- Raffles and Silent Auctions. In Denver and Wilmington, we have gifts galore for the taking. Want spa packages, race entries, or free months of yoga?!? I do.
If you need more convincing, drop me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to see you tomorrow in Denver or on the 14th in Wilmington.