The holiday season is now in full swing, and as we say goodbye to Cyber Monday and hello to Giving Tuesday today, we at Edge of Seven want to ask you a quick question: Would you consider giving up a night on the town this week in return for the opportunity to provide education to women and girls in the developing world?
If your answer is a resounding “YES, I WOULD!” then we invite you to join us in honor of Colorado Gives Day on Tuesday, December 4th and take the pledge to Stay Home for Girls!
Staying home for girls is easy. You simply cancel your plans to go out one night this week (or even easier – don’t make any at all!), put on your pajamas, settle onto your favorite perch on the couch, and vow to donate the amount you would have spent on dinner and a movie to Edge of Seven’s Community Development Program, which will provide educational access for girls and women in Nepal and Tanzania in 2013.
To give you an idea of what this small sacrifice could accomplish in a country like Nepal and Tanzania, consider the photo below. For the cost of what you might spend on a night out, you could buy a girl in the developing world a school desk, access to a clean, safe water supply, or access to higher education.
Help raise $5,000 for girls and women in the developing world on Colorado Gives Day this year by taking the pledge to Stay Home for Girls! You can even start today. Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Select your donation amount:
- $1,000 Provide a Classroom for Girls in the Developing World
- $500 Purchase enough earthbags to build a classroom in Nepal
- $250 Provide Access to Higher Education for One Girl
- $100 Purchase a Door or a Window for a Classroom
- $50 Provide Access to a Clean Water Supply for One Girl
- $25 Purchase a Desk for a Girl in School
Step 2: Either preschedule your secure donation in advance here on Edge of Seven’s Giving First Profile or make a note on your calendar to donate on Tuesday, December 4th! (You can find Edge of Seven’s Giving First Profile at https://www.givingfirst.org/edgeofseven/overview.)
Step 3: Spread the Word:
- Forward this blog to your family and friends and encourage them to stay home one night between now and December 4th in order to provide more education for girls and women in the developing world;
- Share this post on your Facebook page: “I just helped provide education for girls and women in Nepal and Tanzania by staying home with Edge of Seven on CO Gives Day. Join me in doing the same! http://bit.ly/Qv9Ng8”
- Send the same message out to your Twitter followers using the hashtag: #cogivesday4girls
All the money raised for Edge of Seven on Colorado Gives Day will go toward supporting our 2013 projects in Nepal and Tanzania to create more educational access for girls and women. (And you can preschedule your donation now.)
Thank you in advance for your support. We hope to see you all at home this week!
Colorado Gives Day on Tuesday, December 4th is sponsored by the Community First Foundation and FirstBank. If you are considering making an end of year contribution to Edge of Seven, Colorado Gives Day is an excellent time to do so, because all donor contributions made through Giving First on Colorado Gives Day are maximized through FirstBank’s incentive fund, so your donation goes even further.
Edge of Seven’s Giving First Profile: https://www.givingfirst.org/edgeofseven/overview
Edge of Seven on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/edgeof7
Edge of Seven on Twitter: https://twitter.com/edgeofseven
Volunteer Internationally with Edge of Seven in 2013!: http://edgeofseven.org/VolunteerOpportunity.html